ASM Money Pty. Ltd., (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) (ASM) collects information about you for the purposes you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent.
When you sign below, you agree we can, consistently with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use and exchange credit and personal information about you for those purposes.
Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent
We are collecting credit and personal information (information) about you, as applicable:
- – To source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
- – Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
- – Commercial credit for business purposes; or
- – Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent); or
- – To support a guarantor application you will provide.
As your broker, we require the information we collect from you to assess your credit, or guarantor, application or the credit application of a company of which you are a director, source a suitable
credit provider and any required insurances and to manage the application process, where required.
If you do not provide the information sought we may be unable to process your application, or the company’s application, or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you or the company.
Your Information – Collection and Credit Reporting Body (‘CRB’) Disclosures
When we collect information from you in the credit application process, we use that information in a number of ways to assess your credit application and to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and/or insurance provider. We may:
- Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
- Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to preliminary assess your consumer credit or guarantor application
- Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain
- Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf
The information we obtain from you is used, subject to compliance with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, only for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any other
person except with your permission or as permitted, or required, by law.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider which are reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from, from one or more credit reporting bureaus (CRB).
The website of each credit provider contains details of each CRB with which it deals and other detail about information held about you and describes your key rights. This detail may be described
- That the CRB may include information the credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness
- That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments or you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB
- How you can obtain the credit provider’s and/or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information
- Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre -screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider
- Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud
This detail will also be included by the credit provider who approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider website includes information on how to contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of its privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hard copy or email).
You have the right to ask:
- Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect
- The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including prescreening
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you
You can gain access to the information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at our address or by telephone on 03 6248 8347 or email at email@example.com.
In some cases an administration fee may be charged to cover the cost of providing the information.
Disclosure and Consent
By signing below, you agree we may:
- Use your personal and credit information:
- To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which you are a director
- To source any finances you required
- To source any insurances you require
As the law authorises or requires;
- Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
- Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances required;
- Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to one or more of the credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below so they can assess your application, or the
application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor
- Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
- Provide you, or the company of which you are a director, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
- Disclose your personal and credit information to the extent permitted by law to other organisations that provide us with services, such as contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitisers and computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for us. This includes our overseas service providers in Australia; and
- Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director.
You Also Agree and Consent To, As Appropriate:
A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you are a director
When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor
A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a C RB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor
A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you
Where the applicant, or guarantor, is a company of which you are a director, you consent to the use of your information, in addition to the company’s information, in each of the ways listed above.
What Information is Collected & Why?
Data is collected from our website to determine which pages are the most popular, what location users come from, peak usage times and similar information. This data is collected to improve our site and improve the customer experience.
Changing Website Terms & Conditions
This Important legal Information may be updated from time to time. If you choose to bookmark pages within the web site for future use, you agree that it is your responsibility to check if any such updates have been made since you last visited this web site.
Links to Other Websites
On the ASM site there may be links from time to time to other sites which provide services and information to you. None of these links necessarily comprise or imply support or recommendation of any other company, product or service. We do not control and are not responsible for the information on any other site found through our site.
Should you require more detailed information on the way in which we handle information about you, or should you be concerned about our treatment of this information, please contact us by:
Phone: (03) 8555 9019
Suite 6, 9 Melaleuca Drive
Cheltenham, Victoria, 3192